DR. UNNIKRISHNAN NAIR.
EX-HOD & CHIEF MANAGER CARGO OPERATIONS AT JNPT (India’s largest Container Port).
Dr. UnniKrishnan is a Post Graduate in Physics, MBA (Marketing) and PHD in Transport Economics.
Dr. UnniKrishnan has over two decades of service at the senior management level in Indian major port sector and he advises our project advisory division on all matters relating port and cargo logistics.
In a career that spans more than 30 years, has held key management positions in JNPT, Cochin Port Trust, Vallarpadam (Container Terminal) and Puthuvypeen (LNG/SPM/LPG) Terminals. He has also been associated in key consultancy assignments advising governments and government organizations on Coastal Shipping, Logistics Skill Council, Investments in Port Eco-systems and Kochi Metro Rail Project.
Notable Contributions during his career include :
01. 'Innovation Award' for : conceptualizing and implementing the innovative RO model of barge transit for containers in 2011 in Cochin Port for congestion free and economic last mile connectivity.
02. Co-ordinated the implementation of major PPP projects of LNG Terminal and International Container Transshipment Terminal, Vallarpadam.
03. Facilitated coastal movement of conventional cargo like Jute to Kerala coir mills in 2015; Feasibility study of Chennai-Kanyakumari Ferry; Competitive Tariff for Cruise Vessel; Training Need Analysis and Amendment to Stevedore Regulations.
04. Edited and published “Cochin Saga”, the Book on History and development of Cochin Port in 2015.
05. Conceptualized and created the Maritime Heritage Museum at Cochin in 2014.
Area of Expertise include :
Container Port Operations, Maritime Commerce, Feasibility and Risk Assessment Studies for Port Projects and Port Stakeholder Negotiations.